Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
100% Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil from the first cold pressing. The olive tree is part of the oleaceae family. The genus is Olea and the most important variety is Olea Europea. It adapts well to drought and grows in countries with a Mediterranean climate. The olive trees are grown according to organic farming methods, meaning no synthetic fertilisers or pesticides are used but, on the contrary, green fertilisers and natural pest control measures.
On average you need 5 kg of olives to make 1 litre of oil.
* It's stored for the shortest possible time (a few hours to 2 or 3 days).
* The sorted olives are washed with water.
* The whole olives are ground to tear off the fruit's outer cells (pulp, stone and kernel) and thereby freeing the oil.
* It's necessary to really work the olives to make it easier for the oil to come out and increase the yield.
* The oil/water/solids are separated in a decanter-centrifuge. This pure, untreated fruit juice, produced at low temperature (30 to 40)
Main course: Roast halibut stuffed with pistou (basil, garlic & olive oil paste) and grilled almonds: (preparation time: 20 min - cooking: 1 hour) - Ingredients (for 4 people):
* 1 kg boneless fresh halibut fillets.
* 500g basil leaves.
* 100g pine nuts.
* 50g grilled flaked almonds.
* 8 tomatoes.
* 2 garlic cloves.
* Fresh thyme.
* salt, pepper.
* 10cl Emile NOEL's 'Sweet Flavour' organic extra virgin olive oil.
* 100g caster sugar. Preparation: - Cut open the halibut down the middle and open out into two equal halves. Season with salt & pepper. - Whizz the basil leaves, pine nuts, peeled garlic and olive oil in a mixer, to get a simple pistou paste. - Top the open part of the fish with it using a thin brush, then sprinkle with the grilled flaked almonds. - Close up the two halves by rolling it and tie up like a roast. Put aside. - Blanche the tomatoes (in boiling water) and cut in half. - Dust a baking tray with salt, pepper, minced garlic, caster sugar, finely chopped thyme and olive oil. - Lay out the tomatoes on their flat side and cook for about 30 to 45 min. to dry out and slightly caramelise them. - Roast the whole rolled halibut in the oven (180)
Its classic olive-like flavour, like no other table oil, makes it a splendid cooking ingredient. It effortlessly matches so many things that you can have just a little neat with a salad, raw vegetables, grilled meat, vegetables, fish, cheese...
Thanks to its particularly well-balanced ingredients, due to the ratio of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids, it's an unusual fat in that using it for frying isn't really a health risk. Highlighted in articles praising the benefits of the Mediterranean diet, organic extra virgin olive oil is rich in oleic acid (Omega 9), low in saturated fats and provides essential fatty acids. Thanks to this, it helps prevent cardiovascular diseases. It's often found in liniments, ointments and balms (massage rubs). Its enriching and revitalising effects protect and help keep skin healthy. Pure and natural in fatty bodies, its virtues and healthy gastronomic properties have been known since ancient times.
Organically produced - Certified by Ecocert